To our First Coast Urogynecology patients,
As the situation surrounding coronavirus disease-19 (COVID-19) has developed we are trying to find ways to minimize risk of exposure for our patients, staff, and community as well as continue to serve our patient’s needs. It continues to be a fluid situation and we will try to update you as information comes available or if changes are needed.
Please note that recommendations/office requirements are subject to change.
1) FACEMASK USE IS NOW OPTIONAL FOR PATIENTS AND STAFF
We strongly recommend continued facemark use for the following:
- Patients who are significantly immunocompromised
o Chemotherapy patients
o Other documented immunocompromised states
PLEASE NOTIFY STAFF IF THIS APPLIES TO YOU
- People who are not vaccinated for COVID or have no known immunity to it
- People with cough/cold/flu symptoms
2) Steps we continue to take to keep you safe:
We have multiple UV-C equipped HEPA air purifiers throughout the office to kill/minimize any airborne virus.
3) Please alert office and do not come to the office if you have a fever >100.4, cough, chills, , GI distress, or recent COVID-19 infection.
4) We ask that patients come alone or with a maximum of 1 additional person.
Surgical Scheduling for our First Coast Urogynecology, LLC patients:
1) We continue to use the recommendations of local hospitals, as well as regional and national specialty societies, to create a surgical scheduling plan. This surgical scheduling plan will allow most surgical candidates to be scheduled for elective pelvic floor surgery depending on local hospital and community caseload of infection.
2) Each surgical center/hospital, even within the same hospital system, has different criteria and requirements for elective surgery. Please be patient with us as we help you navigate these requirements. Please try to follow instructions from our surgical scheduler carefully in order to have a safe and smooth surgical experience during these challenging times.
We understand that this may be inconvenient, but we appreciate your cooperation as we take steps to ensure the safety and well- being of our patients, staff, and community. We will do everything in our power to continue to serve the urogynecologic and pelvic floor needs of our community no mater the situation.
Lee B. Epstein, MD MSc FACOG
Copyright © 2018 First Coast Urogynecology, LLC - All Rights Reserved.