To our First Coast Urogynecology patients,
As the situation surrounding coronavirus disease-19 (COVID-19) has developed we are trying to find ways to minimize risk of exposure for our patients, staff, and community as well as continue to serve our patient’s needs. It continues to be a fluid situation and we will try to update you as information comes available or if changes are needed.
Safe Office Visits at First Coast Urogynecology, LLC:
1) WE CONTINUE TO PRACTICE UNIVERSAL MASKING OR USE OF FACE COVERINGS FOR ALL PATIENTS, STAFF, OR ANY INDIVIDUALS WHO COME IN OUR OFFICE - ALL MASKS MUST COVER THE MOUTH AND NOSE. This applies to all individuals who present to the office (all ages even if they feel ok). We have a significant number of advanced age patients and we all need to play our part to keep them safe as they are at elevated risk of complications if they become infected. I understand this may be inconvienient but is required to help keep our community safe. We may ask you to reschedule your visit if you present to our office without a mask/face covering.
2) Steps we continue to take to keep you safe:
a) We have multiple UV-C equipped HEPA air purifiers throughout the office to kill/minimize any airborne coronavirus.
b) Repeated surface/office/room cleanings between patients and throughout the day.
c) Social distance appropriate waiting room/office layout and limited access to non-essential individuals.
3) Please alert office and do not come to the office if you have a fever >100.4, cough, chills, , GI distress, or recent COVID-19 infection.
4) We ask that patients come alone or with a maximum of 1 additional person. We will not be allowing more than one person other than the patient to come into the office.
Surgical Scheduling for our First Coast Urogynecology, LLC patients:
1) We continue to use the recommendations of local hospitals, as well as regional and national specialty societies, to create a surgical scheduling plan. This surgical scheduling plan will allow most surgical candidates to be scheduled for elective pelvic floor surgery depending on local hospital and community caseload of infection.
2) Each surgical center/hospital, even within the same hospital system, has different criteria and requirements for elective surgery. Please be patient with us as we help you navigate these requirements. Please try to follow instructions from our surgical scheduler carefully in order to have a safe and smooth surgical experience during these challenging times.
We understand that this may be inconvenient, but we appreciate your cooperation as we take steps to ensure the safety and well- being of our patients, staff, and community. We will do everything in our power to continue to serve the urogynecologic and pelvic floor needs of our community no mater the situation.
Lee B. Epstein, MD MSc FACOG
Copyright © 2018 First Coast Urogynecology, LLC - All Rights Reserved.